Pages

Wednesday, April 14, 2010

HSC...More Preppy Than SMU

Once again, I have defeated my nemesis. It's not easy being the Jj, and even less easy being Lars. This just released poll right rightfully places my alma mater at the top of the most preppie colleges in America. SMU, Lars' former stomping grounds came in a distant 9th on the list. Oh snap....if you will.

HSC is clearly the most preppy school in the land, as the picture above illustrates. Even the illustrious Urban Dictionary knows what's up. "A Hampden-Sydney man is white, rich, well bred, conservative, and drinks more beer than water. It is also fair to say that most Hampden-Sydney men get more play than any other group of guys in America. Sydney owns." Truer words have never been spoken.

The picture above is a perfect example of the awesomeness that is HSC. Notice the array of colored khakis, the Croakies, and the quintessentially preppy staple the HSC belt. These young men are clearly well versed in what makes a man a preppie.

Notice however the SMU person in the picture. He is easy to spot. It's the dufus with the jeans on and sunglasses hung on his shirt like an ordinary Democrat. It's shameful. HSC men would never be caught dead in such attire.

Yet again the Jj's domination of Lars in all worthwhile life endeavors continues. Sorry Lars, you're just not that preppie.

3 comments:

  1. Dear Douchebag,

    I'm suprised that you are a HSC grad and call the Urban Dictionary 'illustrious'. You probably think that Wikipedia is 'veracoius'. And why don't you have the balls to say what you are glad Urban Dictionary is veiling in diaphanous rhetoric - you really wish it said 'racist, elitist, and exclusionary' instead of 'white, rich, well bred'. I'd wager that I rock my croaks, bows, and belt a shit ton more than you, and I'm glad that there are fewer idiots like you at HSC now. And by the way, have you taken a look at the Huffington Post's picture? It has our Black president talking to a kid who looks like he got his shirt at the Goodwill on South Main Street.

    Tim Daniels

    ReplyDelete
  2. So I took this out of context after being in a taxing courtroom for 3 hours that put me in an awful mood and this is the first thing I saw when I turned on my computer. I apologize (and I fucking hate apologizing). Sorry about the direct attack on you. The picture on the Huffington post sure isn't too preppy though...

    tim

    ReplyDelete
  3. Tim, no need to apologize at all. As a former attorney I know that courtrooms and foul moods go hand in hand. I'm just glad you took the time to comment at all. Hope your second look at this post, in context, made for a better, more lighthearted take on the whole thing.

    ReplyDelete