Pages

Monday, April 12, 2010

Not Much of a Prognosticator


Well, neither of my Masters picks put on the green jacket last night. This goes with the larger life lesson for the Jj, never gamble. I am, by far, the world's worst gambler. There is a great deal of money to be made betting AGAINST me. I pick with my heart, not with my head, and that is rarely a recipe for gambling success. I will always pick those I feel some sort of bond too, against better judgment.

That's why I went for Big Sexy and Ricky Barnes in the Masters. Those guys are just more interesting to me than Phil. Don't get me wrong, I love Phil and the symbolism of his victory in Tiger's face was not lost on me, but nothing is better than seeing a new face win. I don't begrudge the great their continued success, but nothing beats the thrill of the first time major victory I suspect. Heck I even cheered for Phil back in 2004 when he finally broke through. I jumped up in the air just like him on that final putt. That's what a first time victory will do for me.

So here's hoping none of my loyal followers ever put money where my mouth is. In fact, I recommend you do just the opposite. Bet against me and just send 10% my way. If I got 10% of all of your gambling winnings I could quit my job and post more nonsense on this blog. And isn't that what we all really want anyway?

No comments:

Post a Comment