Pages

Wednesday, April 14, 2010

Phoenix + Miike Snow + SF - Lars = Strong to Quite Strong

I'm pretty excited about this weekend. Actually, I'm only half excited. The half I'm excited about is seeing two great shows in northern California in two days. Friday night I'll be seeing Miike Snow perform in San Francisco and then Saturday I'll be driving down to Santa Cruz to hear my favorite band of the moment, Phoenix.

I saw Phoenix last year at my favorite L.A. venue, The Greek Theatre, and they absolutely destroyed it. Best show I've been to. So I'm very excited about seeing them again and seeing what Miike Snow sounds like live.

The half I'm not excited about is traveling with my nemesis, Lars. My long time readers will know Lars from such adventures as Thanksgiving 2006 and Tijuana 2004. He also serves as someone I can dominate at trivia, basketball, tennis, and most other things besides playing first person video games. Lars seems to excel at fake warfare games. The Jj is quite alright at being less than Lars in this particular endeavor.

So it's likely to be a bitter sweet weekend. I'll just grin and bear the presence of Lars beside me in planes, trains, automobiles and music venues all weekend. Should anyone ask, of course I'll deny knowing that Swede standing awkwardly close to me though. Hopefully NorCal 2010 will be closer to Thanksgiving levels of greatness than Tijuana levels of hell.

No comments:

Post a Comment