Pages

Tuesday, April 6, 2010

Masters Predictions

It's almost time for my favorite sporting event of the year, the Masters. I love it for many reasons, not least of which being the extraordinarily low amount of commercials. If there is one thing I hate in this world it is commercials.

And I know that the story this week is about one man, and one man only, but I've got a news flash for you, he ain't gonna win this thing. There is no way anyone, even that guy, can come back from five months off, at Augusta, and win.

So who will win? Over the next three days I'll give my predictions for the three guys with the best shot. Starting with that guy over there, Big Sexy.

Miguel Angel Jiminez is, quite possibly, the most interesting man in the world. Let's just look at what Wikipedia has to say about Miguel.

"He is known as 'The Mechanic' for his preference for repairing, rather than driving, high performance vehicles, especially his gleaming red Ferrari." That's a damn fine start for most interesting man in the world. What's next?

He was the first person to score an albatross in competition, with a 3 iron.

He has a ponytail at age 46, and looks cool doing it. Maybe it's because of the ever-present Cuban cigar balancing things out. Which, by the way, he's a true cigar aficionado and wine lover in addition to driving around his aforementioned personally repaired Ferraris.

He also has 19 wins worldwide and is ranked 38th in the world while doing "nothing" in the offseason to improve his game.

So Big Sexy is my sleeper pick to win the Masters this year. Stay tuned tomorrow for my pick of the American with the best chance to put on a green jacket this year.

No comments:

Post a Comment